Details for Position: TX - DAM
Director of Account Management, Voluntary Benefits
The Director of Account Management will play a leading role in strategically growing the Account Management team responsble for our Beneplace products through the retention and expansion of our top clients. The Director of Account Management will coach the team to develop long-term relationships with clients and collaborate cross-functionally with other EBG key stakeholders to ensure we are creating world-class consultative support for our block of business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads strategy and directs the team in developing and maintaining relationships.
- Builds strategic business plans focused on retention, growing business, and achieving financial targets.
- Negotiates contract terms to solidify desired business goals.
- Successfully represents client needs within the internal organization to achieve partner goals and implement client requests. Serves as navigator/expediter for issues requiring support.
- Oversees ongoing reporting around operational and financial performance.
- Ensures high levels of client persistency and participation across a book of business.
- Support team as they manage multi-million-dollar books of business for Fortune 1000 companies.
- Informs senior leadership of client, market, and competitive trends that impact assigned business.
- Directly manages and supports career development for a team of strategic partner account managers.
- Supports account management goals by sharing ideas and supporting cross-functional initiatives.
- Directs projects or activities across teams to foster collaboration and drive activities to closure.
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of direct management or leadership experience strongly preferred
- 6+ years related work experience is required (account management experience and/or experience working directly with ancillary or medical insurance products strongly preferred)
- Must acquire and/or maintain all required state licenses such as Life and Health
- Advanced knowledge of voluntary benefits products required
- 2+ years of onboarding/implementation of new business, i.e., adding new clients and adding new lines of coverage to existing clients
- Requires an in-depth understanding of departmental operating procedures, guidelines, and systems
- Develop relationships and empower team behavior
- Must have excellent persuasion, organizational, problem-solving, decision making, time management, presentation, listening and oral and written communication skills, as well as advanced analytical skills
- Travel required (20% - 40%), including overnight stays
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.