Entertainment Benefits Group (EBG) is one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the country that specializes in live entertainment and travel. EBG generates millions of transactions annually by merchandising thousands of attractions and activities, live entertainment, hotel rooms, and other products and services through private, membership-based programs and other direct distribution channels.
EBG powers a robust portfolio of technology solutions and operates a network of membership-based websites reaching a captive audience, providing leading brands with incremental distribution opportunities. EBG owns and operates the largest travel and entertainment benefits program in the country—serving over 40,000 corporate clients and reaching more than 50 million employees through its Corporate Perks Programs. We are proud to be the largest sales partner for many of the major theme parks, attractions, entertainment producers, and other travel organizations in the country.
EBG is headquartered in Aventura FL (Miami area), with offices in New York, Las Vegas, Orlando, Connecticut, and Los Angeles.
This role reports to our Vice President of Project Management and is responsible for defining, monitoring and delivering multiple projects ranging from short 1-month projects to extensive full year projects. Projects will vary with a mixture of Sales Projects, Technology Projects, Finance Projects, Organizational Growth Projects as well as seasonal and ad-hoc projects.
The ideal candidate will have solid Project Management experience, have excellent communication skills and strong proven knowledge of Software Development full life cycle.
This role will be based in Orlando, FL with up to 25% travel as required. No relocation is approved for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, plan and prioritize projects elements based on project objectives, cost/benefit considerations, risk, timing, capacity and interdependencies.
- Develop standardized reporting to proactively and consistently report on project status, and demand utilization.
- Define, document and iterate on the key processes including roles, activities, artifacts, workflows and change processes. Continuously assess process to ensure new opportunities to increase effectiveness.
- Assure understanding and control of sync points and dependencies within the portfolio.
- Tracking and reporting of budget vs plan.
- Serves as primary contact for project status and performance
- Ability to lead groups, employ strategic thinking, and direct involvement in delivering against targets
- Understanding of software development and infrastructure project lifecycles
- Ability to assess the impact of new project requirements on an existing team workload
- Work with internal and external clients to understand their needs and assess business processes and workflows
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Develop and distribute documentation to the user community as needed
- Complete ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Complete special assignments necessary to support business strategy
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
- Stay current on project management best practices and provide expertise
- 10+ years of successful Project Management including managing large-scale initiatives through all phases of its life-cycle.
- Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, budgeting, reporting, prioritization, and resource budgeting.
- Strong understanding and experience with Agile, Waterfall and Tollgate methodologies.
- Strong familiarity with project portfolio management tools and other IT efficiency tools i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Able to function tactically but also strategically.
- Hands on person.
- Proven ability to develop strong partnership with peers and other team members, influencing decision making at all levels without formal reporting structure authority.
- Experience leading projects and programs within and outside of IT, as well as projects and programs that involved external providers, encompassing iterative and agile development.
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to support executives to develop budgets for projects and activities.
- Vendor management and procurement experience.
- Demonstrate ability to advance multiple priority assignments concurrently and within established deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information technology or business.
- PMP and/or Agile certification strongly preferred.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.