The Strategic Partnership Manager (SPM) is responsible for driving companywide revenue growth by supporting the Sales & Account Management teams in closing and implementing additional services from our product library. As well as, responsible for identifying, vetting, and managing relationships with carriers, payroll deduction aggregators, enrollment firms, and other service providers as directed by EBG management.
The SPM will engage current and potential partners on a consistent basis to ensure EBG has best-in-class product and service offerings available to Clients. The SPM is EBG’s lead for establishing awareness of insurance industry trends and recommended courses of action to EBG management.
The SPM is responsible for communicating partner offerings, features and benefits, and engagement processes to EBG team members. In this capacity, they will develop a training and communications schedule in order to keep team members current.
The SPM will provide consistent reporting to EBG management on partner performance. Developing and delivering reporting comparing performance among like products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as EBGs Insurance SME in sale cycle in effort to secure additional revenue via new product implementations
- Works with Account Managers to determine the best products and carriers for specific Client needs via RFP or proposal.
- Develops and maintains “boilerplate” RFPs for products.
- Develops, implements, and measures insurance training programs for EBG employees through third-party channels.
- Oversees the maintenance of EBG insurance licenses.
- Oversees the maintenance of EBG insurance carrier appointments.
- Review and vet new carrier partnerships and present to EBG Management.
- Monitor VB industry trends to identify new carriers/products and presents to EBG management
- Conducts periodic reviews with partners to identify and validate mutual goals and assess current performance.
- Analyzes current product offerings by line, carrier, and geography to determine best “fits” for our Clients.
- Develops and maintains a list of key carriers and contacts.
- Consistently reviews payroll deduction offerings to ensure EBG has offerings befitting a market leader.
- Consistently reviews enrollment service offerings to ensure EBG has offerings befitting a market leader.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates carrier performance reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Analyzes carrier payments on a quarterly basis to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Develops and maintains master table of carrier commissions and incentive programs
- Communicates updates on product offerings to EBG employees.
- 10+ years of Insurance experience – specifically In the Group insurance environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage workload
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to gather and analyze data
- Solid understanding of Marketplace trends and best practices to meet Client needs
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Property and Casualty License
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.