EBG employees are currently working from home due to COVID-19 and we expect most roles to continue to be remote through the beginning of 2021. This remote-work policy extends to anyone EBG hires and onboarding details will be worked out with the hiring manager. Employees will be expected to work from their designated office location when EBG determines that it is safe to return to the office where CDC and local guidelines for safety will be followed.
All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at EBG will be shipped directly to you.
Entertainment Benefits Group (EBG) is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the country that specializes in live entertainment and travel. EBG generates millions of transactions annually by merchandising thousands of attractions and activities, live entertainment, hotel rooms, and other products and services through private, membership-based programs and other direct distribution channels.
EBG powers a robust portfolio of technology solutions and operates a network of membership-based websites reaching a captive audience, providing leading brands with incremental distribution opportunities. EBG owns and operates the largest travel and entertainment benefits program in the country—serving over 40,000 corporate clients and reaching more than 50 million employees through its Corporate Perks Programs. We are proud to be the largest sales partner for many of the major theme parks, attractions, entertainment producers, and other travel organizations in the country.
EBG is headquartered in Aventura FL (Miami area), with offices in New York, Las Vegas, Orlando, and Texas.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for billing and keeping records of the company’s invoices, along with ensuring that payments are properly applied to the respective invoice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review contracts to ensure all elements outlined are billed and accounted for properly
- Create and update client accounts based on payment and contact information provided
- Communicating with clients and customers to ensure that payment is properly arranged
- Conduct basic research and analysis for billing and payment discrepancies, should they arise
- Pull historical invoices from software system as requested
- Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues
- Build invoicing batches based on revenue schedule summarized by manager
- Send out invoices on a weekly basis
- Prepare weekly and monthly settlement reports for Independent Remote Operations
- Organize and maintain retention files
- Special ad-hoc projects, as needed
- Provide support during a yearly audit, as needed
- Maintain professional customer relationships with both internal and external customers
- Perform other related duties/responsibilities as assigned by management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field. Adequate work experience can be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in word and excel (intermediate level)
- GP experience preferred but not required
- Ability to meet and manage deadlines timely and with accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Experience working in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Great organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Multi-tasking abilities
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.