This Senior Product Manager, B2B, reports to the Vice President of Product and is responsible for overseeing, developing, and leading the strategic and tactical functions of Entertainment Benefits Group (EBG) products that support business-to-business (B2B) relationships, operations, and marketing.
The EBG platforms cover many different product types such as Ticketing, Seated Events, Hotels, Rental Car, Air, Cruise, Shopping Offers, Gift Cards, as well as different brands in both membership based and public web sites such as TicketsatWork.com (Membership based).
This Senior Product Manager will be expected to use agile product management principles, such as customer discovery, product discovery, prototyping, split testing, etc. in this role. At EBG, Senior Product Managers are expected to:
- Have a strong aptitude in user experience, the data that drives the UI, and actionable analytics.
- Partner with our amazing UX team to create high-fidelity designs (typically in Figma).
- Write detailed acceptance criteria for the development and QA team members.
- Communicate with stakeholders for discovery exercises, scoping, and feature releases.
- Assist with quality assurance prior to and during code releases.
- Own and define products/features, including post-launch analysis and the roadmap.
- Identify bottlenecks and technologies that improve organizational efficiency.
- Understand relevant business objectives and opportunity costs.
The ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable talking to marketers, account managers, developers, and executives. While some product management teams prefer to only deliver business requirements, we tend to geek out at times. If you've ever found pleasure in talking about a JSON object or data model, get excited when you discover a UX change that improves team member speed and efficiency, or light up with joy knowing that you helped a few million people save money, we want to talk to you about this role. If your friends and co-workers have previously described you using the words excellence and passion, you should surely apply.
Please don't expect this role to be easy or perfect. Instead, be prepared for challenges and that amazing feeling of satisfaction when you've reached the next milestone.
The role ideally will be based near either our Austin, TX or Orlando, FL offices. Remote work can be considered as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a product owner for B2B-related components of EBG's proprietary internal and external software platforms, including how they interact with Salesforce, Marketo, and other related SaaS.
- Presenting and working with senior leadership to align product roadmap to business strategies.
- Define and execute against the segment of the product roadmap under your leadership, working in close collaboration with the cross departmental stakeholders.
- Lead customer discovery, product discovery, and prototyping for your area of ownership.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to implement Product Management best practices.
- Write epics, user, feature, and bug stories with QA-minded acceptance criteria.
- Ensure that business requirements are understood, considered and properly documented, and that technical solutions satisfy the requirements with appropriate future-looking flexibility.
- Manage user, feature, and bug story and project prioritization.
- Act as the voice and advocate internally for the end user.
- Be an internal expert and go to person on the EBG product suite, use cases and needs.
- Serve as the main point of contact and primary interface between engineering, UX, marketing, and key stakeholders on product needs, status, milestones and red flags.
- Develop processes and collaborate with the Digital Strategy & Experience team to gather and incorporate customer feedback into the development of customer experience on the EBG products.
- Utilize analytics and data to make decisions and to report on product performance and KPIs.
- Communicate status, develop efficacy reports, and make recommendations on product optimizations.
- Lead vendor evaluations and make build vs. buy recommendations on external product solutions.
- 5+ Years’ experience in Product Management and/or IT strategy roles.
- Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing / leading product managers.
- Experience in the Travel and Entertainment industry is a plus, especially for the types of products we sell – seated events, ticketing, hotels, car, air, cruise, secondary ticket market.
- Experience working with software products in an ecommerce organization or product management role.
- Ecommerce experiences with demonstrated understanding of the user journey through the funnel
- Experience with session replay tools and user interviews.
- Understanding of the concepts of A/B testing, and other types of split testing, for optimization of customer experiences.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Solution oriented, with the ability to think critically and creatively and to articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner, tailored for specific audiences.
- Ability to work in an agile and fast-paced environment where frequent trade-off decisions and prioritization changes are embraced. This role will oversee multiple, concurrent projects/initiatives and market conditions often influence prioritization.
- Understanding of and experience with wireframes and other user experience tools/methodologies, analytics, a/b testing, search engine optimization, content management, email and newsletters, websites, mobile, video and databases.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.