Details for Position: Orl - VPPM
Vice President of Project Management
The Vice President of Project Management reports to our Chief Information Officer and is responsible for overseeing, developing and leading the strategic and tactical functions of the Project Management Organization which includes small to complex initiatives. The position will develop and implement a flexible project and program methodology that aligns with the organization’s business objectives and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have extensive PMO management experience as well as solid managerial and operational knowledge. The person hired into the role will develop the Company’s Project Management Office which has historically laid in technology or operational departments. The role will develop and manage a team and help Entertainment Benefits Group ensure agility and effectiveness as we grow.
The role ideally will be based in Orlando, FL. Some travel (up to 25%) is required. We will also consider candidates to be based at our New York City, NY or Aventura, FL (Miami) offices - these locations will require additional travel.
- Define the PMO and build a team of Project Managers encompassing a mixture of Sales Projects, Technology Projects, Finance Projects, Organizational Growth Projects as well as seasonal and ad-hoc projects.
- Create, plan and prioritize projects based on strategic objectives, cost/benefit considerations, risk, timing, capacity and interdependencies.
- Develop standardized reporting to proactively and consistently report on project status, and demand utilization.
- Define, document and iterate on the key processes including roles, activities, artifacts, workflows and change processes. Continuously assess process to ensure new opportunities to increase effectiveness.
- Develop team to deliver best practices (initiation to planning and execution) through information sharing, training and presentations throughout the organization.
- Assure understanding and control of sync points and dependencies within the portfolio.
- Tracking and reporting of budget vs plan.
- Serves as primary contact for senior leadership for high level project status and performance
- Responsible for maintaining the PMO budget, as well as department forecasts
- Coach and mentor all Project Managers to elevate consistent performance across the PMO Team. Be a source for leaders that can be deployed into operational roles throughout the organization
- Ability to lead groups, employ strategic thinking, and direct involvement in delivering against targets
- Understanding of software development and infrastructure project lifecycles
- Ability to assess the impact of new project requirements on an existing team workload
- Work with internal clients to understand their needs and assess business processes and workflows
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Develop and distribute documentation to the user community as needed
- Complete ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Complete special assignments necessary to support business strategy
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
- Stay current on project management best practices and provide expertise
- 10+ years of a proven record of successful Project Management including managing large-scale initiatives through all phases of its life-cycle.
- Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and resource budgeting.
- Ability to build an open environment where conflicts on project priorities and funding decisions can be aired and resolved in an objective manner.
- Strong familiarity with project portfolio management tools and other IT efficiency tools i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Ability to create, refine and implement process and methodology.
- Able to function tactically but also strategically.
- Hands on person, not an ivory tower type of person.
- Proven ability to work with executive management as well as develop strong partnership with peers and other team members, influencing decision making at all levels without formal reporting structure authority.
- Experience leading projects and programs within and outside of IT, as well as projects and programs that involved external providers, encompassing iterative and agile development.
- Demonstrated leadership of multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups.
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to support executives to develop budgets for projects and activities.
- Ability to lead change and then coach others in the acceptance and support of change.
- Strong Vendor management and procurement experience.
- Demonstrate ability to advance multiple priority assignments concurrently and within established deadlines.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.