This role reports to our Vice President of Project Management and is responsible for defining, monitoring and delivering multiple projects ranging from short 1-month projects to extensive full year projects. Projects will vary with a mixture of Sales Projects, Technology Projects, Finance Projects, Organizational Growth Projects as well as seasonal and ad-hoc projects.
The ideal candidate will have solid Project Management experience as well as excellent communication skills and knowledge of Software Development full life cycle.
The role ideally will be based in Orlando, FL. Some travel (up to 25%) is required. We will also consider candidates to be based at our New York City, NY or Aventura, FL (Miami) offices - these locations will require additional travel.
- Create, plan and prioritize projects elements based on project objectives, cost/benefit considerations, risk, timing, capacity and interdependencies.
- Develop standardized reporting to proactively and consistently report on project status, and demand utilization.
- Define, document and iterate on the key processes including roles, activities, artifacts, workflows and change processes. Continuously assess process to ensure new opportunities to increase effectiveness.
- Assure understanding and control of sync points and dependencies within the portfolio.
- Tracking and reporting of budget vs plan.
- Serves as primary contact for project status and performance
- Ability to lead groups, employ strategic thinking, and direct involvement in delivering against targets
- Understanding of software development and infrastructure project lifecycles
- Ability to assess the impact of new project requirements on an existing team workload
- Work with internal clients to understand their needs and assess business processes and workflows
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Develop and distribute documentation to the user community as needed
- Complete ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Complete special assignments necessary to support business strategy
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
- Stay current on project management best practices and provide expertise
- 5+ years of successful Project Management including managing large-scale initiatives through all phases of its life-cycle.
- Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and resource budgeting.
- Strong familiarity with project portfolio management tools and other IT efficiency tools i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Able to function tactically but also strategically.
- Hands on person.
- Proven ability to develop strong partnership with peers and other team members, influencing decision making at all levels without formal reporting structure authority.
- Experience leading projects and programs within and outside of IT, as well as projects and programs that involved external providers, encompassing iterative and agile development.
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to support executives to develop budgets for projects and activities.
- Vendor management and procurement experience.
- Demonstrate ability to advance multiple priority assignments concurrently and within established deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or PMP certification preferred but not required.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.