Details for Position: Orl - DBA
he Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for enterprise data storage technology roadmap, solution architecture, vendor management, operations and governance across the organization. They will ensure all of the Enterprise’s databases are up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for the modification of any existing database software to meet the needs of their employer. In this role they are responsible for maintaining the integrity, security, and performance of company databases and guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally. The DBA will inform end users of changes in databases and train them to utilize systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain system health and security
- Design, configure, and implement databases in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Consult with management to understand business needs and strategies to translate into technology plans and recommendations
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations;
- Evaluating existing systems and designing database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, privacy, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Ensure effective testing plans are in place
- Ensure standards are defined, documented and communicated
- Evaluate data analysis models and procedures
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
- Extract Live Data as needed
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Advise Management on Long-Term Capacity Plans and Growth
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Design backup and disaster recovery protocol processes for server and associated data
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Create database management procedures
- Troubleshoot Database Errors
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator (5+ years)
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Experience with MySQL and MSSQL
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures
- Familiarity with reporting tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.