Details for Position: Orl - CIA
Cloud and Infrastructure Administrator
The Cloud & Infrastructure Administrator will be responsible for providing support for all activities related to cloud and infrastructure across a variety of platform and operating systems. This individual must possess a thorough understanding of cloud and infrastructure technology backed with hands-on operational experience on one or many cloud platforms. The administrator plans, implements, oversees and maintains the server and network infrastructures and projects. The Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. They will ensure all of the Enterprise’s systems are up and running smoothly 24/7.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on cloud and infrastructure system administration & troubleshooting expertise
- Consult with management to understand business needs and strategies to translate into technology plans and recommendations
- Maintain functional expertise on the latest compute, storage, networking and virtualization technologies including surrounding industry best practices
- Review and operational requirements with project teams, management and client services groups for deployment and ongoing support
- Develop documentation for best practices as it relates to server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing technologies
- Build, configure, and maintain development, test and production servers. Support development, test and production servers including after-hours support and monitoring server usage and up-time
- Design, implement and maintain a consistent backup and disaster recovery plan
- Provide technical direction on network topologies, server configurations, hardware/software deployments, firewall configurations and other administrative tasks related to the staging and maintenance of company development, testing and production servers
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of hardware upgrades, network upgrades, OS upgrades, and new configurations
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks, Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures, coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Design backup and disaster recovery protocol processes for server and associated data
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience administering cloud or infrastructure services across a large, diverse, server environment
- Technical proficiency including systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
- Demonstrated experience, training or certification with a major Public Cloud platform such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux administration
- In depth knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, WINS, load balancing and firewall technologies
- In-depth knowledge of directory services, authentication technologies, Active Directory/LDAP, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of system and network security best practices including governance
- Knowledge of architecture best practices and experience applying them to solve business challenges
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance
- Ability and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, and to lead and manage small projects
- Passion for emerging IT technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.