Details for Position: NY DC
Vice President of Communications
Location: New York
Vice President of Communications, EBG
The Vice President of Communications will support the company’s communications strategy and execute all media and communications related to EBG and its respective business. He / She will draft and publish internal and external communications including business updates, company happenings, employee activities and other industry news or events and strengthen EBG’s position in the marketplace across its four core divisions and maintain relationships with key media and digital outlets as well as managing EBG’s social channels.
Core Responsibilities and Job Expectations:
- Increase awareness for the company’s consumer and corporate brands and its organizational mission.
- Strengthen EBG’s position as a market leader and create a heightened sense of awareness for the organization and its brands in travel, entertainment and among corporations through the development of an effective communication strategy, ongoing outreach to news and media outlets and through strategic partnerships in support of EBG’s annual business goals.
- Generate media coverage for EBG’s consumer brands, the corporate programs division, and the premium experience division to expand reach and increase awareness of EBG’s distributed products.
- Support EBG and its portfolio of brands in effectively communicating the corporate values and mission of the company to its respective audiences - employees, customers, clients and partners.
- Create awareness for the corporate entity, EBG and determine the outlets and the messages to tell its story and best represent the company both externally and internally to its customers, partners, employees and the media.
- Execute and deliver internal communications in support of all EBG priorities and cultural development assuing they are captured and shared across owned and earned channels including EBG’s website and blog.
- Support and communicate EBG’s participation in charitable giving, volunteering and employee and or company activities in support of EBG’s value to give back in the communities we live and work in.
Support EBG’s Corporate and Consumer Brands:
- Work to increase awareness for EBG’s corporate brands/ programs TicketsatWork, Plum Benefits and Working Advantage to increase employee / member engagement and client acquisition
- Create awareness for EBG’s Premium Experiences Division and leverage their unique events and high profile guests to build a following and acquire new clients.
- Conceive news stories and develop a media relations strategy to promote events, happenings and news about EBG’s brands including annual programs, trade shows and or events.
- Generate media attention and coverage of key initiatives and annual marketing campaigns to increase traffic to the sites
- Establish media relationships and key contacts, nationally, regionally and in all local markets EBG has a brand or presence
- 7+ years of experience in media relations and corporate communications
- Strong writing skills ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Experience working in a busy high energy environment
- Ability to pitch media outlets and proven track record of securing l media coverage
- Corporate communications experience supporting C-Suite executives
- Highly organized
- Able to conceive and direct events
- Ability to negotiate and develop partnerships to leverage exposure
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.