Details for Position: NY - UM
Location: New York
EBG is hiring a UX Manager responsible for designing solutions including interfaces, user flows and data models to meet customer needs and project goals. The person in this role will have a deep understanding and application of methodologies necessary to create experiences that meet and exceed customer expectations this includes but not limited to design thinking and extensive user research. The UX Manager will possess the ability to develop user & process flows, sketches, wireframes, rapid prototypes and detailed user experience specifications for our product suite including corporate and public websites, mobile sites and apps, marketing products and back-end tools.
The responsibilities of this position include conducting research including user testing, creating solution design & specifications and working closely with our tech and product teams to guide features and new product to production.
- Create inspiring, high converting experiences that lead to repeat purchases
- Develop customer empathy by regularly conduct user research including testing of new features and products
- Create rapid prototypes for testing and presentation
- Build detailed user experience specifications and prototypes that will be used as a base for technical development
- Produce storyboards, user and work flow documentation & use case scenarios
- Ensure first class user experience across all of our products
- In partnership with management, product, tech and marketing, help to define site architecture, product information architecture, interface requirements & navigation flows
- Collaborate closely with product, tech, marketing, sales and creative design to create elegant user interfaces and rich user experiences
- 5+ years in a User Experience role creating ecommerce experiences that drive conversion and AOV
- Proven experience conducting research including user testing, synthesizing feedback and results to create best in class experiences
- Deep understanding of customer needs and how to effectively incorporate them into design
- Thorough understanding and application of established best practices and methodologies including design thinking to solve complex challenges
- Knowledge of cutting-edge design conventions and interactions and how to apply them
- History of defining application functionality and creating interfaces with and in the absence of business requirements
- Experience with tools such as usertesting.com, axure , invision, session replay tools
- Demonstrated ability to document complex designs
- Mobile (native application and website optimization) and content management solution experience a plus
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.