Details for Position: NY - DEC
Location: New York
The Director of E- Commerce role is a leader responsible for shaping the vision, strategy, training, execution and business results of the E- Commerce team. The role reports to the Vice President, Digital Strategy & Experience.
The Director is responsible for managing an ecommerce team focused on digital optimization, personalization, merchandising and funnel improvements across our digital properties.
- Develop and execute e-commerce roadmaps in alignment with the Vice President of Digital Strategy, Leadership team members and stakeholders. Roadmaps consist of : conversion funnel enhancements, site wide optimizations, merchandising and personalization
- Lead a team focused on continuous optimization, merchandising and personalization with a goal of improving conversion through the entire sales funnel and AOV
- Analyze and improve conversion funnel across the customer journey optimizing against business KPIs
- Work to continuously improve experiences, with a focus on customer needs
- Drive site personalization and merchandising to create a relevant, engaging, and high converting customer experience.
- Collaborate with UX and stakeholders to create a seamless and integrated customer experience across our digital platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile, app)
- Attend and participate in performance meetings
- Mentor and coach team. Aid in team development while managing team
- Collaborate with Marketing and Partner Development teams to develop and execute all online merchandising strategies.
- Interface with the IT department on web and mobile-related projects
- Partner with the Analytics team to analyze performance metrics, and devise plans to address friction points and other areas of need necessary to improve conversion, and AOV
- Provide thought leadership within the organization related to e-commerce and customer experience. Keep organization current with e-commerce trends, evaluate products or enhancements that will improve site experience and generate revenue and profits.
- Build, manage, and maintain relationships with third parties, and vendors
The successful candidate will
- Focus on and improve the current the performance across our sites against company goals
- Build a culture of testing and experimentation that delivers continuous improvements, learnings and actionable insights
- Develop new ways to improve success metrics across the entire sales funnel and customer journey
- Develop and execute a plan for engaging customers across segments from first to touch to repurchase, leveraging data, testing, and supporting tools
- Drive a customer first approach-- prioritize purchase behavior and customer insights to improve funnel metrics
- Solve business challenges in ways that deliver ongoing value to customers and the company
- Develop and grow the E-commerce team.
- 8-10+ years of strategic e-commerce management experience required,
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and relationship management skills, with the ability to lead / collaborate with direct reports and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to convert strategic planning into tactical execution.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and effectively communicate in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to change and receptive to feedback and suggestions
- Ability to simplify and break down complex situations and subjects into easy to understand concepts and action items.
- Proven thought leadership skills, strategic communication, and management experience.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to oversee simultaneous and overlapping work streams, competing priorities, and multiple stakeholders to guide projects from start to finish.
- Proficiency using analytics testing and personalization platforms
- Entrepreneurial mindset with experience in modeling, planning, and budgeting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including presentation and facilitation).
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.