Details for Position: AV- SA
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger; conducting financial analysis of accounts and preparing financial schedules and reconciliations.
- Perform daily bank and merchant account reconciliations.
- Analysis and reconciliation of credit card accounts
- Participate in monthly-closing process including the preparation of journal entries, supporting schedules and balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile low to moderately complex general ledger accounts on a monthly basis including research and resolution of discrepancies
- Perform Account payable functions, such as Overhead Invoices review and Coding and Reconciliation of Sales Events
- Special projects and ad-hoc reporting, as needed
- Provide support during yearly audit, as necessary
- Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of general accounting principles as well as an understanding of organizational objectives.
- Support Accounting Manager in establishing and monitoring proper accounting policies and procedures
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar discipline
- Minimum 3 years work experience (additional work experience may be considered in place of degree)
- Experience with Great Plains or Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus
- Strong Word and Excel proficiency
- Analytical and logical thinking skills
- Ability to meet and manage deadlines timely and with accuracy
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to resolve open items
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good organizational skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.