Details for Position: AV - SMM
Senior Market Manager
This role reports to our Senior Vice President of Business Development and will work with the senior management team to support EBG’s strategic business plan for the growth of our hotel channel. As Market Manager, the key objective is to guide expansion of EBG’s network of hotel partnerships and accommodation inventory supply via relationships with hotel properties, hotel management companies and hotel brands.
- Overall strategy development for hotel-direct supplier relationships
- Direct pitches to prospective hotel partners
- Recommend and execute strategies and promotional activities with hotel partners to maximize EBG’s accommodation availability and content competitiveness
- Develop trust and deepen hotel client relationships
- Identify, screen (using established criteria) and qualify opportunities that match EBGs’s strategic plan for its Hotel channel
- Maintain a database of leads, industry contacts, and competitors
- Drive results in a fast paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision
- Some travel (about 20%) is required and will mainly be to other offices and popular hotel markets
- Education: BA/BS Degree, MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
- Overall Minimum Experience: 5+ years in sales and business development within Hotel or Leisure Travel industry
- Strong negotiation skills and an ability to persuade and influence at all levels of an agency or client
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Experience working in and navigating a large scale, matrixed global organization
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to travel when required
- A leading work ethic and a competitive instinct to win
- Strong customer service skills; ability to build productive and trusting relationships with clients
- Competitive compensation.
- Career development and advancement opportunities.
- Business-casual attire throughout the week.
- Friendly, open and team-oriented work atmosphere.
- Gym membership.
- Excellent benefits including medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan with a company match.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.